1) Finish Betsy's wedding present. Not a chance - I maybe stitched on this one hour so far this year, with no foreseeable time to do so in the next five weeks.
2) Stop using shampoo. We'll give this one a 2/3 complete. I did this almost exclusively up until September when we moved, but, like almost everything else, it dropped by the wayside in the midst of the stress and busyness of getting settled into our new place. I have a post on more detail about losing shampoo that I haven't published yet. Perhaps I will someday.
3) Make couch pillows. Nope, but it looks like I may finish another spontaneous sewing project - a tree skirt.
4) Finish baby books. Nothing. Pathetic.
5) Placeholder financial goal. Even though I never fixed what it was, we didn't meet it anyway. But, oh did we try! Let's just say that with the unexpected loss of my job (although I did get another one) and the approaching end to Thom's job, we haven't been in the best position to do what we wanted with our money.
6) Sleep through the night. Done!
7) Learn how to knit. Who was I kidding?
8) Travel. Done!
9) Paint bookshelf. Done!
10) Read five books that I already own and have never read before. I've pretty much done this one, although everything I've read can count as "juvenile fiction". It was my only hope. I read Henry and the Paper Route, Harriet the Spy, The Hunger Games trilogy, and Tales of Beedle the Bard. I hope to eek out one or two more before the year ends.
11) Cook a whole chicken. Done!
12) Volunteer at Community Pregnancy Clinic. No, but this is no longer a realistic goal based on moving out of the state. Plus, it was a little optimistic to think I'd have the extra time and someone to watch the kids to make this happen. Put on hold until kids are in school!
But at least I made up for it, by doing this:
13) Go to the dentist. Done! Only two cavities. :)
So that means I got about 6-7 out of 13. Fail.
I'm not going to beat myself up about this though. I can see, looking back over my year, why things played out the way they did and which ones of these were me being an ever-eager over-achiever. I think I'll do it again for 2013. I mean, why not? At least there's some record of what I've done. And something to try for if I ever do find myself with time on my hands.